When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Friday, February 11, 2011

Week Nine: The Urban Lumberjack

Ok, so before Winter finally releases its icy (brrrr!) clutch, I wanted to grab the opportunity myself to devote the next few blog posts to some colder-weather styles that I adore on both men and women.

To start off, there's the urban "lumberjack" trend. It has enjoyed quite the following and patronage for a few winters now, and I think homegrown DSquared's such-inspired collection which was first presented by a parade of perfect human specimens strutting their stuff down the catwalk in plaid numbers, furry aviator hats and working boots back in 2004 may have had a lot to do with it.

It's quintessentially Canadiana, evokes the Beachcombers and resurrects Curt Cobain. Kumar and I are both 90's children, but we're not stuck in the past either, stubbornly refusing to adapt to our evolving world, especially in the fashion sense, well, maybe more Kumar than me, that's totally his province! Yes, there is an updated way to own the lumberjack look. I can't emphasize enough on my posts how it's always all about the detail nor pound it more in people's heads that fit is key.

And if there's still any lingering doubt as to the appeal of looking felling-trees-ready, just take look at Rhys:

No comments:

Post a Comment