When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week Thirty-nine: Checks!

And so while I love black clothes, Kumee adores checks, and if he had his way as well, that's all he'd wear, well, when I come to think of it, it is almost all he wears, down to his boxers, and socks! Well I might have something to do with the underwear bit there for, for the first time I ever assumed another incidental wifely role - that of boxer-purchaser, with the plethora of choices before me, I ended up choosing a three pack of medium-sized fruit-of-the-loom (I will indulge him with silky Burberry ones one day!) assorted check patterned underjammies. You could imagine my relief to find out that Kumee approved of my selection when he sighed wistfully and told me how he wished that he could make shirts out of them!!! Yeah, and so Kumee likes check shirts...

The responsibility of dressing up Jaden kinda naturally just fell upon Kumee, the same way it had on me for Maya as traditional gender roles dictate. I must say that Kumee does a great job at it - at least 99% of the time! As I had explained in a previous post, while in the past, the clothing choices for little boys were limited to pint-size overalls and middy(midshipman)/sailor outfits, we generation X-ers have so much choice at our disposal and like to dress up our progeny the same way we dress ourselves, rendering them little mini-me's that it is almost scary! With the warmer weather this exercise, really is a cinch, but it's all to easy too to underdress. And so Kumee dresses Jaden one evening in a red check short-sleeved shirt and a green check pair of shorts. I didn't realize that he had until we arrived at our destination and brought it to Kumee's attention. "Isn't he mis-matched, huns??? I asked incredulously. "Mais, non!" came Kumee's snooty reply. "It goes" Kumee insisted "I guess, in a "festive" kinda way" I sarcastically replied, I mean, I learned that inKindergarten, that is, not to match red and green or pair green with yellow, etc. I ended up explaining to everyone I met that evening that Kumee had dressed Jaden, but funny enough, at the end of the day that was all the explanation needed, because when it comes to fashion, nobody argues with Kumee:

No comments:

Post a Comment