When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week Thirty-six: Shiny suits



I had finally taken me a decent picture of Kumee's latest acquisition lol, namely, his "shiny" blue suit. And so I asked him the other day, "What kind of fabric is this, Huns?" "It's shiny" came the reply and right there in the car, I imagined him being the unclad emperor, and myself as one of his mute subjects, too afraid to challenge his claim. Just who was he kidding??? I silently agonized, and then the sun came out...

And so I love this suit's subtle sheen - emphasis on subtle - that's manifest only when the garment is hit by brighter lights. I know for certain that I'd be cut off midsentence by a conservative dresser if I were to even vaguely suggest the wearing of sheen as fashionable. And just how much more resistance would I meet with if I were to outrightly recommend "metallic" - It's too strong an adjective, much like "pink" to the self-proclaimed "real" man. And so I'll stick with shiny as according to Kumee. At the end of the day though, his suit is definitely not too flashy, it's just a little dressier, if you will, than average.

No comments:

Post a Comment