When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week Sixteen: Round Collars

Q: Ok, so who died and made me some kind of (wannabe) authority in men's fashion?

A: Nobody - I kind of just morphed into this person I am today over time - I was bound to, eventually. It was inevitable, after being married to Kumar for just shy of nine years now. That's it, it had rubbed off!

Someone jokingly called me her fashion "guru" and while admittedly I am , uh, flattered (lol), I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a, what did she call me again?..."guru." I really, really, really can't count myself among the company of the fashionable elite, the perennially fashionably late, yes, but definitely not the former.

I mean, there is so much to learn about guy's clothes and it's very humbling. Just the other day I had noticed the rather curious title of Ivy Style's latest blogpost: "Round Collars Abound This Spring" which conjured up images in my head of cutesy baby doll dresses which quickly segued (descended!) to images of (cutesy) men in cutesy baby doll dresses - a bit disturbing! You could image my relief to find out what a shirt with a round collar actually looks like:



Ok, so apparently, round collars "abound (or at the rate we're going in Montreal, meteorogically speaking, will at some point abound!) this Spring." I'd say that investing in at least one of these babies couldn't hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment