When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week Fourteen: Even More Metro Musings!

Ok, so there I was, aimlessly browsing through facebook (ok, so I've relapsed....uh, a bit??) on my Ipod touch to satisfy my need for some mindless diversion. A couple of amusing and some just really lame statii later and a parade of disturbing thumbnail sized-pics, I finally stumbled on something that's right up my alley and tickled my fancy:




It's a true artist's* perspective and fetching capture of a storefront display of fine menswear: crazy socks, classic tie.

Facebook's mobile site of course, is compressed and doesn't display entire comments until you click on them. So I click, curious to see the exchange of banter my friend's funny caption to the picture "I'm having a hard time matching these socks with the tie" (no kidding!) had elicited: lo and behold, it's Kumee, telling her to pull the pink from the Burberry tie and "try to find socks that have pink in it!" (In other words, the socks go with the ensemble!) Yup, you kinda know your better half's metro when....

*photo credit: Debra Schoenberger, PIX me! Photography...thank you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment