When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Friday, September 16, 2011

Week Forty-four: Mad Men Aspirations, etc.

I might have been M.I.A. from my little neck of the blogosphere, but rest assured that I haven't forsaken you guys! I did keep my eyes open whilst on vacation, for 52 Weeks noteworthy curiosities - well, it was kinda hard to miss anyways, the rather ubiquitous but nevertheless tasteful, ad campaign for Banana Republic's sophomore collabo with Mad Men:



I'm not too sure whether it's an actual casting call as it was the first time around, but it's clever. Are you Don? Or rather, is Kumee, Don? I should ask. LOL, ok, you be the judge of that!

I chuckled the very first time I saw the life-size poster of a Betty look-a-like at the BR at Rockland's here in Montreal a couple of weeks earlier - the question addressed to the female demographic, posed in French: "Etes-vous Betty?" If you were to ask me, I think, I kinda identify more with Joan, lol, or fancy myself as her...in my dreams!

Oh, and no trip Stateside of course, would be complete without a visit to the outlets...saw this at Brook Brothers in Grove City, PA:



As you can see, it's another one of my ineffectual shots where you can't even make out what it says the book's about. Basically, it's a guide to....ok, you read that much, and get the point. I didn't actually buy the book, hmmm, in hindsight now, maybe I should have just doled out the 40 $ (which went towards a purse instead!) It might prove to be handy in raising Jaden, at least as far as manners & etiquette are concerned. Sartorially, though, I know I need not be worried: Kumee's got the little guy covered...

No comments:

Post a Comment