When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week Twenty-six: At the Half-way Mark!!!

Woohoo!!! We're at the halfway mark!!! (yeah, baby!) When Kumee and I first conceived the idea of this blog, we originally planned for it to be 360 days of Metro, but then, fear set in as we realized how ambitious that was and how daunting a task that would be, and so we modestly settled for 52 weeks of Metro, which we thought would be more feasible, but even then, we wondered whether we had bitten off way more than we could possibly chew! I took my first ineffectual pic and with bated breath, posted the first post and then thought, now what??? I mean, how much harping on their husband's tie hoard can one do???

Much to my delight, I'm finding out how inspiration can be drawn from the most obvious as much as it can come from the least expected of sources. I've also discovered how it can strike at the oddest times & places! And then of course, there are the generous contributors, like Deb, who's been on the lookout for great subjects that have made for the most amazing pics, like the shoes from last post! As a result, we're comfortably ahead of schedule, considering that 52 Weeks was supposed to span an entire year, one week at time! And also, thanks to Deb, 52 Weeks has gotten a makeover! (gotta love that tie pic!!!) Here's another one of Deb's wonderful pics that just mirrors my quirkiness:



Ok, now the rule is that one's supposed to match their socks with their trousers, not their shoes, but I love this playful, "costume-y" defiance of old school sartorial establishment. Granted, it's a more casual get-up where there's lots of room for latitude, based on the chinos, but Kumee would totally wear these with a suit as well. Another thing, there's no point in trying to go for whimsical with flashy socks, if they're just going to be hidden...notice, no, commit to memory, the pant length...this is a bit extreme in that the hems merely graze the ankle, but honestly, there's never been a better time to dabble a bit and experiment with short or even no breaks at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment